7 Personal Heart Checks in the Middle of Conflict:
– If you celebrate the pain of the other person, you need a heart change.
– If you desire to see the other person hurt, you need a heart change.
– If you want to see people side with you over the other person, you need a heart change.
– If you will say things that aren’t true- or manipulate emotion- in order to get people on your side, you need a heart change.
– If, on the other hand, you can pray for God to bless them even while they hurt you, Jesus is being glorified in you.
– If you can encourage people to continue to be friends with them even as they try to get people to desert you, Jesus is being glorified in you.
– If you have the “right” and the ability to destroy the lies they might be telling, but instead choose to let God fight your battles, even if it means some will listen and believe them, Jesus is being glorified in you.
Luke 6:27-42. Well worth the read.
“Father, forgive them as they mock me, spit at me, wag their heads in derision while I hang naked and in agony on this tree. They have no clue…”- Jesus
Go and do likewise.