– Take it to the person you have the problem with. Don’t separate and then start trying to get people on your side. Don’t play the victim. Talk to the person directly. Take someone with you if need be. (Matt. 18).
– Kill gossip. Kill it. Sure…some people will listen to you and believe you. But far more will ask the person being discussed. And they tend to know that if you will gossip about someone else, you’ll gossip about them, too. And, of course, gossips aren’t known for always playing tight with facts and “he saids, she saids.” (James 1:26, 4:11)
– Don’t use social media to air your problems. It will cause people to flock to you. And simultaneously lose respect for you. (Matt. 18)
– Before pointing to the splinter in the other person’s eye, consider the log in your eye. (Matthew 7)
– Don’t demonize a whole group of people based on your perception of/experience with one. (Eph. 4:3)
– Do put aside ego and seek peace. “As far as possible, as much as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.” (Romans 12:18)